Tired and Worn Out

Today I went to work and I had to spend time talking with other teachers about my presentation class for next week. I am not looking forward to it. The class will be open to other English teachers in the area.
I went to taekwondo later in the evening. I was already tired when I arrived at class. I haven't been able to attend practices much lately because I had so many things happening. When I arrived in Korea in January after Christmas at home, I had an ulcerated wound on my leg. I didn't go to taekwondo for two weeks so that it could heal. Later I had sicknesses, birthday parties to attend, and trips to the veterinarian after I got involved with animal rescue.
I haven't been doing well in taekwondo lately. I have been getting rusty at it. I do want to keep attending practices, but it's not possible to go as often as I can. I live far away from the dojang now. The problem is that I have to take a bus and then two subway lines in order to get there. I have been looking for a faster route.
When I first arrived in Korea I wanted to start learning a martial art. I started work in the afternoons, so I would go outside for a walk in the mornings and then went to the roof to practice stretching exercises. I was in a lot of pain at first, and then the pains went away after a while.
I finally joined a dojang when I started my newer job. I started doing well. I know that I was never very good at sports because I didn't have the greatest eye-hand coordination. I slowly but surely started getting better at it.
Lately, though, I have been so worn out. I haven't been having good health lately. I am constantly stressed out and I have been very depressed. I do need to make some changes in my life. I have decided I am NOT interested in working at the high school anymore. I don't feel that I am meant to work at a high school. I am looking for a job where I can spend most or all my time teaching adults. I would like that a LOT better.
I have been enjoying the animal rescue volunteering, but it has also been draining me too. I have been going to Kangnam at a vet to help with animals taken out of the shelter. I have taken some animals out of the shelter myself and have found homes for them. Unfortunately, so many of them were sick when they come out. I also don't want to take any more animals into my home because I live in such a small place. I am glad to say that some animals I fostered are now in other homes.
I do need to pay more attention to what I really like to do and what I don't like as much. I also need to think positively.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hades Welcomes His Bride

Post