May 25, 2010

Animals I have lost/saved in Korea

Today I found out that 'Xander, a cat I took out of the shelter last week died this morning. He had a gangrenous infection on his leg and so he died this morning. A few weeks ago I lost Mongmong the puppy because he had water on the brain. Last year I buried two kittens (literally) because they had problems like parasites. It is sad to lose animals. Yet, I should focus on those that I have saved while I have been in Korea:

  1. Nixie, a cat I pet-sat for someone who had to leave Korea.

  2. Jasmine, a lovely calico I bought at the street market. (in a new home)

  3. Suzy, Jasmine's sister whom I also bought at the street market. (in a new home)

  4. Kyocki, a cat whose owner had to return to USA and her family wouldn't let her take Kyocki with her. (in a new home)

  5. Pearly, a Persian with a bladder infection that was in the kill shelter. (in a new home)

  6. Snowy, a Turkish Angora that was in the kill shelter for a few months. He was starting to get renal failure. (in a new home)

  7. Onyx, a Russian Blue in the kill shelter. (in a new home)

  8. Toby, an orange kitten I found near Gangbyeon Station.

  9. Lucky, a tabby kitten from the kill shelter. He had skull fractures that healed and left him with some blindness and deafness, but his hearing and sight have improved.

  10. Pepper, a mutt from the kill shelter. (adopted by someone)

  11. Mr. Bojangles, a shih tzu (adopted by another English teacher)

  12. Nora, a poodle

  13. White poodle now living in Kangnam.

  14. Shabba, a puppy now living in Goyang-si

  15. Max, a maltese now living in the USA

  16. Kkam-ko, a maltese now living in the USA

  17. Alexander, a Yorkshire terrier now living in the USA

  18. Moe-moe, a maltese now living in the USA

  19. Max #2, a maltese now living in the USA

  20. Spike, a bulldog now living in the USA

  21. Ralph the shih tzu

  22. Peanut the yorkie

  23. Mutt now living in Pyongtaek with a U.S. military family

  24. Jack the mutt

  25. Zinnia the kitten

  26. Catbert the kitten

1 comment:

wordwarrior said...

Keep up the good work, but do not let it overwhelm you. Exercise some self-control. If you can, keep the pets at the animal shelter and take cans of food in to feed them. Don't let your room get overrun with animals.

You are doing good.

I got engaged

I got engaged last September 6th. My fiance proposed to me at the Southeast Lighthouse on Block Island.