Kitten Rescue



Last Monday I was walking near City Hall and I found a noticed a pen. I had never noticed it before. Inside the pen were a few animal carriers and I saw that one of them contained two kittens. They had no food or water and their eyes were shut with mucus. They looked very frightened in there. I immediately pitied them. I had to quickly go back to work because my lunch break was nearly over.
After work I walked over to the pen again and noticed the kittens were gone. On Tuesday afternoon I walked into City Hall and then asked what happened to the kittens. I was told they went to the shelter. I knew which one they were talking about. I later contacted them.
On Wednesday evening I went to the shelter by myself. I couldn't wait for them to be transported to the veterinarian. I know it often takes a few days for that to happen and I know I didn't have a few days.
It turns out the animal shelter is in the middle of NOWHERE. I saw rice fields while on the bus. I arrived late in the evening. A worker quickly brought out the two kittens by the scruff of their necks and dropped them on the counter in front of me. She wasn't very nice. Another lady later apologized to me and said that some of the people there weren't used to foreigners.
The nice worker helped me find the bus stop and I finally made it to the veterianarian at almost 10:30 pm. Thankfully it is a 24-hour place. The vet on duty helped clean their faces with saline solution and a fine-toothed comb. Their faces were caked with mucus.
I have been visiting them often and they have been doing better. I have been helping feed them with a syringe and wash their faces. Yesterday they both sat on me for a while being content and cried when I left.

Comments

Skryfblok said…
You are doing a great work Christine.

Popular posts from this blog

Hades Welcomes His Bride

Post