Going Home

Soon I will be visiting "home" for two weeks. I am a bit reluctant to call it home. Korea has become my home for now. I don't plan on returning to my old town for good. I have decided that I may stay abroad for many years, possibly for life. However, I have thought of studying in the USA again, but that woulnd't mean won't make plans to leave the USA later.
I don't have the faith in my country as I was raised to have it. I was raised with the notion that the United States is the "best" country in the world, everybody wanted to live there, and that that the US of A had the biggest and best of everything. How wrong that was. I moved away from that mentality and decided to explore the globe. If I didn't, I would be bissfully ignorant and trying to live it up the American way, happily thinking that I wouldn't need to see the world outside the borders. Yet I became a traveler, a seeker, and it is something I will never get over.
I am happy to go visit so that I can see some family and friends. I am looking forward to going to my home church and seeing everyone. I am also looking forward to visiting Boston and some other places with my sister and friends. I will go shopping for some things that are hard to come by in Korea. I am glad to see the pets that live with my family, four cats and two dogs. Unfortunately one cat died a few months ago. Two others are ancient and don't have long to live.
I do think that if I ever want to settle in the USA again, I most likely would live in either Boston or New York City. Those are very diverse and cultural areas. There is lots of academia, museums, art districts, etc. That would make it worth living there.

Comments

wordwarrior said…
One need not have faith in one's country when it attempts to usurp God. I believe in America and know the beauty of the ideals that word brings to mind concerning liberty of conscience and freedom to rise and fall on one's own. I believe in the beauty of the land, the beauty of the people, the beauty of the flag and the good things that it represents to those who went to America to find a better life and who overcame the challenges and made a place to raise their families.

One need not have faith in one's government when it seeks to place its laws over God's laws; when it seeks to enslave the people by enacting laws that restrict freedom; when it waters down education so that a generation is weaker morally and spiritually and intellectually compared to previous generations. I cannot believe in the United States government. I cannot trust in the ones who abuse political power and push agendas of self-interest over the needs and desires of their constituents.

America exists to me as a dream from which I have awoken from, and seek to dream of again. While not perfect, it was better back then than it is now. The voters spoke, the country died.

I miss my family, my friends, but I do not miss my government. I miss the beauty of the land, the wonder of the highway, the skies full of stars, but I do not miss the fringe lunatic element that has polluted my air and darkened my skies and destroyed the desire of all people who believe in hope. The government of God prevails, the government of men fails. "Woe to those who teach that good is evil and evil is good."

I will never have a home in this world. All that is left to me is that bright, eternal city not made with human hands. This is my Father's world, and soon it will be home again to me.

Popular posts from this blog

Hades Welcomes His Bride

Post