Goodbye 2009

I am glad to see 2009 go. Honestly, I didn't have much of a good year overall.
I left for Korea on December 26, 2008 for my second try at working there. I had worked there from 2005-2006. I missed Korea and was looking for another good experience, hopefully even better than my previous one.
I left my home on Christmas. I had been there for two years, mostly because I was helping my aunt after she had a stroke. I was employed sporadically and was lonely a lot. I told my family I loved them and I left with my sister. I would spend the night at her place before going to the airport in the morning. I went back for something I left behind. My aunt then said to me "don't you say anything about loving us, because if you did you wouldn't be going back to Korea".
Her words stung. I went to my sister's car and fumed about how I hung around to take care of her, helping her dress herself and taking her places. I do realise now that I can't take things she says to heart. Her mind isn't all there and she just didn't want to see me go.
I took a job with a hagwon that taught mostly middle-schoolers. I hated it. I had to be with the children alone, and they were rowdy and disrespectful. I broke my contract in April, but they wouldn't let me leave until the end of June. I later took a job at a high school. The contract ends in June 2010 and I am not going to renew it. I am going to make the best of it, but I am tired of the students sleeping, doing other work, or spacing out rather than listen to me. I do wonder about my purpose there. I have decided I won't work with children ever again.
I am not sure about staying in Korea. I did get accepted to do a graduate programme there in Public Health, and so I will stay around Korea if I am to complete that. I will be 30 years old and I should complete something soon.
I had some bad health. Around July I started having bad acid reflux. I had trouble swallowing food because I was constantly thinking about choking. There is nothing wrong my my throat, yet I did have some corrosion in my esophagus. I have to get over the fear of choking, the acid makes it feel that there is something in my throat. I also had an outbreak of psoriasis all over my body. I now only have it on my legs. I never had it before. It's all because of stress.
In September, Puffy, my sister's cat died. It got ill. Within a week I picked up a stray kitten by the side of the road. It died in just over a week because of breathing problems. A few days later I bought a kitten from a hawker that died in a few days (the idiot didn't take care of it). I soon rescued two more kittens from there, and they survived. I gave them to my mother because they wouldn't let me sleep and they were destroying the one-room apartment I have.
On the positive side, I started taekwondo in July. I did get to do some nice outdoor activities like hiking. I did make some new friends. I like attending the English church at Sahmyook University and going to some Korean churches now and then.
I do hope 2010 will be better for me. I do see the world getting crazier. I do hope things look up in my life. I still want to hold onto my friends, get good grades, and have some good times.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hades Welcomes His Bride

Post