Andrews University

I want to go back to Andrews University. I went there from 1999-2001.  I have missed it a lot since I left.  It has been a long time though.  I wish I didn't leave. I mostly left because my family talked me into leaving, saying Andrews was "too far away".  I do wish I held my ground and said "no".  I do realize that saying "no" to people is very important.

I know that going back there won't bring back my old friends, my former life there, or make me able to pick up where I left off.  I will be going there as a graduate student this time.  I won't fit in with the crowd of 18, 19, and 20-year-olds who will dominate the campus.

I will be studying International Development. I am sure I will like that degree. It will be a master's degree, so I can spend time with other older students. I will be there for a three-week session next month.  There will be other three-week sessions in other venues. They are in South Africa, Ghana, Kenya, Italy, and Chile.  I do look forward to more travel. 

Since I do know that I want to be on my own again, I am thinking of finding out about jobs in that area, so that maybe I can stay there. I don't want to live with my family now. I am 31 years old and should be living away from home.  The major also has studies on campus, so if I don't want to study by distance and part-time I can study on campus.  Maybe that will be a good idea.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hades Welcomes His Bride

Post