Violet.

My cat Violet passed away.  I am very upset about it.  I have also lost other pets this year.  In May my mother's dog Sam passed away due to an illness.  My two old tomcats passed away last summer at the ages of 16 and 19.  I lost some rescued animals I took care of in Korea.  Now, just as I was returning home, I lost Violet.
Violet was among the best pets I have ever had.  She was a sealpoint Siamese cat that I received in 2006, just as I was returning from my first time in Korea.  She was totally attracted to me and followed me around constantly. She often sat near me and slept with me.  At the end of 2008 I returned to Korea without her. I would have a roommate that wasn't into animals.  I wish I didn't leave her behind.  I came home for Christmas in 2009 and was so happy to see her again.  I cried when she finally came back to my bedroom and walked around me. It would take her another day to finally get under the covers with me again.
On November 16 this year my sister's cat, Sasha was hit by a car and died.  My sister was heartbroken and brought her to my mother's house for burial.  That evening Violet got out of the house and ran away.  It turned out that she eventually found herself in a neighbor's window well of their basement.  She was very cold and didn't eat anything they offered her. They called animal control, where she was put into the town shelter.  Even though she was in a heated kennel, she was found dead in the morning.
I am so disappointed.  I regret leaving her behind.  I wanted to take her back to Korea with me, but I didn't think she would like the tiny apartment I had.  I was planning on going home last summer, at least for the summer itself, but I changed my mind and took a new job in Korea after my last contract ran out.  I wish I didn't do that.  I could have come home and saw my family, friends, and Violet.  The job didn't work out as I had hoped anyways.
2010 was such a horrible year when it came to pet loss, job troubles, and sickness for me. I don't want to relive it.  I thought I had enough, and then Violet had to pass away.  I am thankful that I know what happened to her, yet I wish I had my Siamese cat again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hades Welcomes His Bride

Post