Reeces Rainbow

I recently found a non-profit organization that helps children with special needs find families.  Most of the children available have Down Syndrome, yet there are some with other special needs such as HIV, Hepatitis B, cerebral palsy, etc.  Where most of those children are, they are sent to mental institutions when they become 5 years old. It's sad that they are expected to spend their lives in mental institutions because they aren't considered normal.  Most of the kids are in Eastern Europe, mostly Ukraine and Serbia, but many are also in other places like China, Korea, Haiti, etc.
My heart did ache for one little girl, Julia.  She is just a toddler in one of the "laying rooms" in the orphanage.


She has Cockayne Syndrome, which causes premature aging.  It is a very rare condition, there are less than 100 cases in the world.  It's so sad that she is stuck in a crib all the time.  I posted some messages on facebook for her support, and some bloggers also helped her.  Well, in the end, her adoption fees were finally raised by another adoptive family who met up with her when they were adopting another child.
http://www.nogreaterjoymom.com/2010/09/most-important-post-i-have-ever-written.html
I am very happy for her.  She will be adopted soon.  Yet, she is one of many children that are stuck in those places, some who never see the light of day.  I do wish that every child had a loving home. 
Now, I am hoping that little Tori with cerebral palsy will find a home and also avoid being bedridden for life.
http://www.helpfortori.blogspot.com/

I can't donate much money for them because I have a hard time just taking care of myself.  But, I can just spread the word online.  Hopefully, I can make a difference.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hades Welcomes His Bride

Post