1995 Was One of the Best Years of My Life

1995 was the best year of my life, except for the death of a friend on November 12. Yesterday made 21 years since her death. 
The year 1995 was when I started high school at a public school. I attended my first pep rally. Having attended church schools all my life, I didn't know what a pep rally even was. I remember my ears popping from all the yelling and shouting in the gymnasium. 
That year was the year I met Nathan, whom I saw at many Adventist events for many years after that.  I always looked for him. He liked me a lot. He would eventually be killed in a car accident, but that wouldn't happen until December 1999. 
That was the year I first went to the SDA camp meeting in Freeport, Maine. I had just met Nathan at the camp meeting in Massachusetts, and his family then went to the one in Maine. We got to spend lots of time together. We went to a water park in Saco. I remember him having deep sunburn and his skin on his fingers peeling badly. He loved to have fun. I miss his blue eyes and rosy cheeks. 
I also went to Block Island for the first time. I have yet to go to Block Island again. I had lots of fun there. It is a beautiful island. I have always loved islands because I see them as worlds in themselves.
I lost Gracie on November 12 due to AIDS. She was the foster child of a family I knew at church. She died of AIDS because her parents were drug users. 
I still miss Nathan and Gracie.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hades Welcomes His Bride

Post