Birthday Weekend

I spent Saturday night at "Berlin", a restaurant in Itaewon area of Seoul. I invited some friends to celebrate my birthday. We had a good time. The restaurant is co-owned by someone in my taekwondo dojang. Five friends were there. The food was great. I found that one former co-worker of mine is leaving Korea soon. I had thought she signed on for another year, but it looks like she's not staying that long. I am glad I invited her.
I had some salad with balsamic dressing (my favourite) and feta cheese. I also had some chocolate volcano cake. Later we all had some cupcakes.
On Sunday, my actual birthday, I wasn't sure what to do to celebrate it. I hung around the house for a while in the morning because I was still tired from Sunday night. I got a phone call from my family. They say things are going fine at home. They are loving the kittens I brought over during Christmas break. I watched some old "Sesame Street" videos on Youtube to remenisce about my childhood.
I decided to then get out of the house and go to a museum. I thought a palace would be nice, but it was still chilly so I thought an indoor activity would be better. I got on the subway and found myself headed towards the National Museum of Korea and decided to go there. I was glad I did. I went to the Inca (잉카) exhibit for 10,000 won. I saw lots of statues, jewelry, and all kinds of artifacts. I saw Pizarro's painting, sword, and armour. There were some other weapons of the conquistadores who conquered the Americas for Spain. I was reminded of the Metropolitan Museum of Art, which has a great exhibit on ancient South American history.
In the main building (free admission) I went to an exhibit of Uzbekistan. I found that Alexander the Great had conquered lands extending that far. I didn't know he went as far east as present-day Uzbekistan. Central Asia is one area of the world that I am very intereted in. Uzbekistan, along with Kazakhstan (forget Borat), Kyrgyzstan, Tajikstan, and Turkmenistan are all very interesting. There were all kinds of artifacts from there.
I later looked at an exhibit of a shipwreck near China from the 1300s. It had all kinds of interesting things like seeds, bowls, weapons, and much more. It was a time capsule. Quite interesting.
Later I met some more friends at Pizza Hut in Guri. I had some margherita pizza and went to the salad bar. Later we went to Baskin Robbins where I had some Jamoca Almond Fudge ice cream and also a scoop of Sumatra. I had a good time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hades Welcomes His Bride

Post