Musings

Success is liking yourself,

liking what you do,

and liking how you do it.--Maya Angelou.

I have decided to go back to Korea. I will be there later this month. I will be working in eastern Seoul this time. I am looking forward to being back there. I left there two years ago. I can't believe that so much time has passed. So many fellow expatriates I met there are still living in Korea. Some of them have been there before I arrived in 2005. Friends and family of many English teachers there often can't understand why they want to be in Korea for so long. The place just grows on people. Many people plan on staying there for a short time and then stay longer than they thought they would be there. They stay for various reasons. So far I am planning on staying there a year, but I may stay there longer if I feel that I have a good reason to stay longer.

When I am over there, I hope to do lots of hiking, looking at museums, going to the theatre and orchestra, and hanging out with friends. I am glad I know of two good book stores in Seoul: "Bandi & Lunni's" at COEX and "Kyobo" at Gwanghwamun, which have great English sections. Incheon has a Kyobo near the bus station, but it's not as good. I will also buy books from Amazon.com. I do hope to get lots of reading done at home and on the subways. I want to read books on neuroscience and neurobiology, like Ramachandran and Oliver Sacks. I am planning on getting the complete works of Oliver Sacks once I get to Korea. I am also interested in Alaine de Botton's works and much more.

I have thought of studying in Korea. Sahmyook University and Seoul National University are possible choices. I will have to check out the various programmes, see what they entail, and then make a decision on what to do. Studying there would make my time there more worthwhile and I can also fund my education. It's cheaper to study in Korea than in the USA.

Comments

Skryfblok said…
Welcome back to Korea... That's how Korea is... strangely alluring.
Larry said…
Good luck.-It sounds like you are leading a well rounded life.

Popular posts from this blog

Hades Welcomes His Bride

Post