Mahalia Jackson (1911-1972) had a powerful voice. Here is "Abide With Me" set to old hurricane photos of New Orleans, Louisiana, USA.
Here is "Nearer My God to Thee", supposedly the last tune played on the Titanic. Some say it was a tune called "Autumn".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I got engaged
I got engaged last September 6th. My fiance proposed to me at the Southeast Lighthouse on Block Island.
-
While an undergraduate student at Andrews University I took a poetry class. I studied some of A.E. Stallings' poetry. She studied lots ...
-
Yesterday was a beautiful day on the campus of Sahmyook University. The plants and fountains are beautiful. I noticed a tree with pink bloss...
-
Ode to a Cluster of Violets - by Pablo Neruda - Crisp cluster plunged in shadow. Drops of violet water and raw sunlight floated up with your...
No comments:
Post a Comment