My Testimony After Leaving a Few Benzodiazepine Withdrawal Support Groups on Facebook.

Hello, June will mark 5 years off Benzos. I only used benzos for a few months, yet I still had a bad withdrawal from them. I was paranoid, suicidal, had heart palpitations, stomach issues, tingling, buzzing sound in my head, headaches, and numbness. I am glad to finally be over the withdrawals for a while now. Last year I finally found work again, even though it was temporary work, I did find work again. I did go back to school and took 2 classes. I got an A- and a B-. I have my next semester all paid for and will be taking 3 classes. I am hoping to get into university for a degree in Chemistry, even though I am a non-traditional student. I don't care if I am older than most of the students around me. I am looking at forensics or working with animals. I will see what happens.
I just want to tell you all that there IS a light at the end of the tunnel. You will get over the symptoms and the anxiety will get better. I had crippling anxiety for years, but I kept learning to talk myself out of it. I learned that fear will just hold me back.
Most of the friends I made in this group are now doing better. I can say I wish I never got into benzos, yet there have been some good things. I was around when my aunt passed away. I also became a better cook, took up embroidery, and took care of kittens. I also became more creative with my gardening.
I hope that all of you will all get over this and find happiness after all this.

Comments:
This is so thoughtful of you. Thank you and I send you wishes for being blessed with all these dreams coming true. I have no doubt that with your determination they will! 


So happy for you!

Thank you for sharing your story! It brings hope to those still in the trenches. 

So kind of you to share this!!! I'm so happy for you. You'll do well as a non-trad. My husband is a non-trad and is doing very well.


thanks for taking the time for that upbeat update. Am so glad for you, and may it spread to us all. Thanks again.

Thank you for writing such an inspirational message. It gives me a lot of hope.


that's so awesome!Thanks so much for sharing! <3 font="">



'm like you and only used benzo's for a few months, I'm five months off as of tomorrow and just now starting to feel a little better. Congrats to you
That's a great story! Thxs for sharing. Gives us all hope!

That's fantastic news. Thanks for sharing. 👍 

Would you now consider yourself 100% healed?



I am mostly all better now. I am on some meds for gastritis, and that's it. I think that's from all the NSAIDS I took while on withdrawal. I am doing better with that as well now. I get some panic attacks, but I talk myself out of it.


Awesome





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hades Welcomes His Bride

Post