The USA: What I miss and what I don't miss



I have spent a total of nearly two years abroad. I had wanted to spend time outside the USA since I was a child. When I finally left the USA in 2005 to live in South Korea, I didn't really want to go back. I felt that I wanted to stay in Korea for a while and eventually find another country. I left Korea in 2006 and came back to the USA, and then back to Korea for 2009.

I did like the trail by the Quinebaug River. I liked my old cafe that was stocked with old books including the Harvard Classics and old National Geographics. Renee Zellwegger had been seen there. I miss my Siamese cat named Violet. I would hold her like a baby sometimes. She would also cuddle with me in bed and sometimes put her head on the pillow beside mine.

I don't miss how I was employed sporadically when I was there. I don't miss the loneliness I often had. I usually just saw people at work and church, and most of them were busy with their own lives. Many of my co-workers thought a great weekend was about getting high or drunk. A lot of the time my cat was my closest friend.

I am glad to be in Korea with lots of nice public transportation. I can make appointments with my friends. I am thankful that I have nice friends here. I don't really want to leave Korea now. I am going to keep my options open about where I will go next. I would go nearly anywhere in the world, yet there is something comforting about home.

Comments

Without a doubt, a cat can be a very close friend.

O, how I long for the day when I can have the companionship of a cat-friend again.
I miss my cat badly. I had two other cats, but she was my favourite.

Popular posts from this blog

Hades Welcomes His Bride

Post