New Job

I am going to be working at a new school. I can't wait to start. I am still negotiating when I can start. I do have mixed feelings about leaving this job. There are many things I don't like about it. I don't want to dwell on negative things, yet I can't deny that this job has gotten me very discouraged. I am with the children alone for every class. The students are often unruly and disrespecful. I encountered a number of problem children when I worked for SDA the last time in Korea, but these children are different. I had a few students that were problems, yet this school seems to have nearly all problem children. Things just haven't been working out. I wanted things to be better. I do wish there were different books rather than the ones they have here. The books from the other school had more things to do in them. These books are very empty and have little to work with. My biggest problem is managing a classroom alone. I never had to do that before. Being alone with young children just isn't my thing.
I have enjoyed my advanced students. I loved the textbook we had. It covered many interesting topics such as the Louvre, Martin Luther King, and Jules Verne. I learned new things myself.

Comments

Mary-Jane said…
Good luck with that - I hope the situation at the new school is better for you!
Thanks. I hope so too. I will be glad to have a Korean teacher to help me when I work with the juniors.
Lindi said…
Yes, all the best.

Popular posts from this blog

Hades Welcomes His Bride

Post