Moving On Now

I am glad that I got to meet up with old friends and make some new friends in Korea. I was glad to be near Seoul so I could easily meet up with people there, even if it did take me about an hour to get there. I liked being near Sahmyook University because the other teachers there made me feel at home. Some students would sometimes talk to me as well. It does look like I won't be there for a while. At least until the end of summer I may just make few, if any, appearances at Sahmyook. I will have another church to attend regularly. It's just that I will be spending time with my new students and living in a new place.

I have realized that even though I do like being in Korea, it's not all that necessary. Most people come and go after a few years. After I left in 2006, I kept vowing to come back. The mistake I made was that I didn't get on with my life enough. There is a life outside Korea. Whenever I leave this place can just be a new beginning and life can go on. Even if I had to leave now, I can accept that.

Comments

Anonymous said…
This is the lesson your familiy was trying to teach you. Wandering aimlessly from place to place or back to old places, in the end, usually leads one nowhere. But settling down and achieving a goal to advance your career, near friends and family who can help, is often a good path to follow.

But such is life.
Thanks. You do have a point.

Popular posts from this blog

Hades Welcomes His Bride

Post