Hanging Out With A Friend

I felt lonely over the weekend so I decided to give male friend of mine a call. I hadn't seen him since Sept. 2006 at a teacher's retreat. I met him in Ilsan at about 2:45pm. We walked around a very large park there. We walked around for a few hours. We saw a greenhouse with lots of cacti. The cacti and succulents were nice. I like those plants. I saw some interesting succulents I had never seen before that had some pretty red-orange blossoms. We also went into a small toilet museum. It was funny. It showed lots of pictures of toilets from around the world and different ages. There were even little small displays of people dumping and such. There was a display of a pig sty and a toilet nearby, where the dumps came out a chute and the pig would later eat it. There was also another one of some villagers that was letting a baby boy dump on the ground and offering it's bum to a dog to lick it clean.
We later went to a Korean restaurant. I got some kimchi bibimbap. I had originally ordered chomchae kimchi dolsat bap, because I momentarily forgot that "chomchae" is fish. I eat mostly vegan. I am glad he later caught it and told them that I don't want the fish after all. I was mixing "chomchae" up with "yachae" which is vegetables. The dolsat bibimbap was good. Unfortunately, there was still pieces of fish in the kimchi. I picked some of it out, yet I did end up eating little pieces of it. He later helped me pick some of it out too. I eat slow, so he was already done. We later went to Baskin Robbins for ice cream. I got some "box of chocolates" flavour. We talked for a long time there. I had looked at my watch and it was almost 9pm. I didn't want to stop hanging out yet. We kept talking about various things like work, our home countries, jjimjilbangs, and martial arts. He said he would have a black belt in karate if he had stayed in South Africa. He said he learned the Japanese terms quite well and I will learn Korean terms quite easily in a Korean dojang. I later looked at my watch and it was a few minutes to 11pm. I know that the trains stop in Seoul at about midnight. I was alarmed and we went to the station, hoping I could get home. I offered my hand to give him a handshake, and he looked a bit confused. I felt it was awkward and we gave each other a quick hug. I ran to the train and prayed to God that I would get to Jongno-3 by midnight so I could take a bus from there. The train came into Jongno-3 at midnight sharp. I thanked God and got on a bus to Cheongnyangni. From there I took a taxi home. It cost just over 23,000 won. I was so thankful to get home. It was just after 1:30 am.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hades Welcomes His Bride

Post