Today I went visiting another SDA church. I went to the church at 2 Airport Drive in Worcester. There were few people there because of this week's ice storm. I used to attend that church when I was a kid. I also went to the church school there for first and second grade. I went into my old classroom. Suddenly memories started coming back. It looked so different, yet I could see how it was twenty years ago in my mind. There were a few computers in the room. When I was a student there were none, and only one in the other classroom - good ol' Commodore 64 with floppy disks and a square mouse.
The old set of encyclopedias from 1988 were still there. I used to look at those a lot during my free time. The old reading books were also still there, the same ones I used. They were very worn. There I was, a small child and reading encyclopedias for fun when others were still learning how to read.
I took a walk behind to the church to the stream. I used to go there alone during recess sometimes. I liked to watch the water. I couldn't get to my exact favourite spot because there was lots of ice and some thorns had overtaken the old pathway.
I will be going to Boston to pick up my visa next week. I can't wait.
December 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I got engaged
I got engaged last September 6th. My fiance proposed to me at the Southeast Lighthouse on Block Island.
-
While an undergraduate student at Andrews University I took a poetry class. I studied some of A.E. Stallings' poetry. She studied lots ...
-
Yesterday was a beautiful day on the campus of Sahmyook University. The plants and fountains are beautiful. I noticed a tree with pink bloss...
-
Ode to a Cluster of Violets - by Pablo Neruda - Crisp cluster plunged in shadow. Drops of violet water and raw sunlight floated up with your...
No comments:
Post a Comment